Can you say YES to any of these?
- Do you want to know how to handle challenging behavior?
- Do you want to learn how to discipline correctly?
- Is your child acting anxious or depressed?
- Are you interested in increasing your child's emotional intelligence?
- Do you want to know how to help your child develop a positive self-esteem, be focused, and feel safe?
When we ask parents what they want for their children, most respond with: “I want them to be happy, productive and fulfilled in life." The best way to attain this is to have healthy social emotional development. Social emotional development helps us:
- handle and label our emotions,
- develop empathy and concern for others,
- maintain relationships,
- know how to make decisions/problem solve,
- handle challenging situations in a positive and ethical manner.
Our groups are set up to help the caregivers/parents understand where they are in their social emotional development, so they can then understand and help their child master and gain their social emotional markers. Once that is achieved, then the group helps each family find their unique style of parenting and disciplining. We always fit our expertise to the family, rather than asking a family to fit into a set of pre-determined rules/techniques, which most cannot maintain over time.
The children are introduced to emotional language, play games and engage in activities that promote the practice of those skills needed in achieving healthy social emotional heath. In the group, children can find space to safely practice the act of expressing feelings and vulnerable experiences with their peers.
Groups run for 12 weeks.
Children are separated into age groups.
Groups will start in a few weeks so click the group you'd like to join below!